Minutes of meeting Feb 2019
Claxby Parish Council
Minutes of Council Meeting
held in Claxby Village Hall on
Tuesday 26th February 2019 at 7.55 pm
Present: Cllrs B Hunter, P Strong, T Bowers, H. Wilson, I. Cumber.
Parish Clerk: H Pitman
Members of the public: Five
Apologies for Absence: J Pilbrow, J. Lindley-Baker.
1. Declarations of Interest: None.
2. To approve minutes of the meeting held 13th November 2018: The minutes were signed as
a true and accurate record.
3. Chairman & Council’s Comments: The chairman reported that the dangerous pothole on Park
Road had been repaired. A resident has parish records which she will give to the clerk who will in
turn pass on to Lincolnshire Archives for safe keeping.
4 Clerk’s Report: The clerk reported that she has ordered a dog bin which is now fitted and
additional salt bins. However only the bin on Mulberry Road has been authorised by LCC and is
now in situ according to Cllr Strong, albeit in the wrong place. The chairman kindly offered to speak
to the resident whose premises it is near.
5. Finance: Accounts for Payment: Resolved to pay: H Pitman £341.79; HMR&C £15.60. The clerk
confirmed that there will be c£8,000 to carry forward to the next financial year
6. Planning: Council has no comments/objections to planning application numbers 138794 and
7. Correspondence: WLDC information on Community Infrastructure Levy and election
8. Update on highways matters: The clerk and Cllrs Pilbrow and Bowers had attended the LRSP
meeting with other parishes regarding road traffic calming measures on the A46. LRSP had
accepted that a 50mph speed limit needs to be introduced and work has commenced on bringing
this into force. A further meeting is planned for the spring. By then consultation with the parishes
involved should have commenced. Council asked the clerk to obtain an update and to ask for speed
enforcement in the area particularly as there has been another fatality. Various potholes were
reported to the clerk to forward to LCC Highways.
9. Update on under grounding of the electricity cables in the village: There has been no
further contact from Npower.
10. Update on maintenance work at the playing field: The clerk informed council that Playdays
does not repaint equipment. There has been no progress with regard to a working party. Council
agreed the goal posts need to be removed and replaced. The clerk to investigate cost together with
price of picnic tables. Agenda
11. To resolve on future use of telephone kiosk: Council agreed it should be used as a book
swap and resolved to spend up to £200 to install shelving and fix the door.
12. To resolve on grass cutting tender for 2019: Resolved to award to Glendale. Clerk to enquire
what can be done to level the field which is badly rutted from molehills.
The meeting closed at 8.50pm