March 2022 (Extraordinary meeting)
Minutes of the EXTRAORDINARY MEETING OF THE PARISH COUNCIL
THURSDAY 31st MARCH 2022 at 7.30 p.m. at the VILLAGE HALL
Present: Cllrs B Hunter, J. Lindley-Baker, M Reeves, J Pilbrow, I Cumber, P Strong
Also present: members of the village hall committee: D & J Lofthouse, J & D Clark, I Forster
Apologies; H Wilson
1. It was RESOLVED to adopt the Constitution of the Village Hall Management Committee and incorporate it into Parish Council Policies.
2. It was RESOLVED to open a separate bank account in the name of the Village Hall Management Committee. Clerk to set this up. The Parish Clerk will administer the account and at least one of the signatories must be a Parish Councillor. It is hoped the bank will issue debit cards for ease of dealing with small payments and withdrawing cash amounts for small purchases. The clerk will take advice on how both accounts should be linked if and when income from the hall is generated.
3. It was RESOLVED to release the £10,000 grant allocated to the Village Hall into the new bank account. It was further RESOLVED to reimburse the members of the Village Hall committee for their personal outlay as soon as possible.
4. It was RESOLVED to release £5000 from Parish Council funds to the Village Hall Committee for the remedial works needed to bring the hall up to the legal standards required for public buildings, in terms of fire and health and safety regulations.
5. It was RESOLVED to pay Alastair Williams invoice of £198.00 for grass cutting. Clerk to set up bank transfer.
The meeting closed at 8.45 p.m.
An informal discussion was had re the Jubilee Committee’s request for funds for the Jubilee Celebrations. Chairman to feedback to Colin Saywell